My Facebook FAQFriday, September 7, 2007
- 1. Are you on Facebook?
Yes.Update: I’ve since deleted my page. So, technically, yes.
- 2. Can we be friends on Facebook?
- 3. Why not?
- I don’t use it.
- 4. Why not?
- I tried it, didn’t like it.
- 5. But then you miss out on all the cool Facebook Apps!
- That’s not a question.
- 6. But, don’t you miss out on all the cool Facebook Apps?
- No. Where do you think all those apps come from? They come from grown-up websites. Remember websites? They’re what caused the downfall of AOL. Remember AOL? It was a private network with proprietary apps. This has all happened before, it will all happen again.
- 7. Do I have to answer all those questions?
- 8. But, how can you and I connect and share stuff and keep track of each other and things like that?
If you want to keep up with me you can:
- Subscribe to my blog
- Subscribe to my Twitter feed
- Subscribe to my Flickr pics
- Connect to me on LinkedIn
- Send me email occasionally
- Call once in a while
- Drop by when you’re in town
And I, in turn, will do the same for you.
- 9. Well, then… do you have a MySpace page?
- See, now we can’t even be real friends.